CAD\Engineering Job Description and Responsibilities:
Norris Inc. has an opening for the right individual who possesses CAD and Engineering skills to create shop drawings, submittals, as-builts, etc. The position will be based out of our South Portland office where 40 to 50 hour work weeks are typical. The position does include generous benefits, including but not limited to, paid vacation, sick time, profit sharing, and an attractive compensation package. The successful candidate will have experience with AutoCAD, electronic security and\or fire alarm.
Qualified Applicants should possess the following mix of experience and skills:
- Excellent computer experience including proficiency with AutoCAD, excel, word etc.
- Ability to solve problems and multitask multiple projects.
- Must be able to take a project from start to finish, including corrections, comments and as-builts.
- Must be able to adapt to multiple local and out of state AHJs.
- Extensive knowledge of NFPA72, NFPA70, IFC\IBC, ADA is very beneficial.
- “Turn-key” fire alarm system design capabilities for small to large projects, bid spec to permit level detail, as required by the specific project. Includes device and circuit layouts, preparation of battery and line loss calculations, fire code analysis and compliance, riser diagram, equipment cut sheet preparation, AHJ and client interactions, etc.
- Ability to operate independently and make command decisions, as well as collaborate effectively within the company in order to provide helpful design and compliance input.
- Proficient in reading and understanding architectural and electrical diagrams
- Individual must have a strong interest in advancing their knowledge in various areas and obtaining professional certifications if needed.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience in Technical Service in a systems environment is a plus.
- Experience in Telecommunication, Integrated Security or Life Safety Systems is a plus.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
- Security & Background check is required.
- NICET level 2 or higher or the ability to .
Norris Inc, a recognized industry leader in security, life safety and communications, is seeking a professional individual to grow with us. Norris Inc’smission is to provide innovative solutions consisting of Integrated Security, Communication and Life Safety Systems. Norris Inc. is a 40-year-old company offering growth and stability to individuals that desire a long term career serving our customers through the design and application of advanced electronic systems for Safety and Communications. We are a company known for our quality Product and Excellent Service to our Customers. We proudly employ some of the best talent in the industry and were recently recognized as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Maine for medium sized businesses.
Interested applicants must email a PDF copy ofCOVER LETTER AND RESUME to:
Chief Operations Officer