Entry Level Installer\Technician Job Description and Responsibilities:
Norris Inc. has an opening for the right individual who demonstrates a great attitude and willingness to work in our Vermont territory. The position does include a comprehensive benefit, paid vacation, company vehicle, and attractive compensation package.
Installer\Technician Key Duties
· Perform installations of surveillance, access control, security, and fire alarm systems
· Run cabling and conduit (will train the right individual as needed)
· Install hangers, back boxes, connectors (RJ45, RJ9 etc.) etc. (will train the right individual as needed)
· Commission surveillance, access control, security and fire alarm systems (will train the right individual as needed)
· Inspect and service surveillance, access control, security and fire alarm systems (will train the right individual as needed)
Minimum Job Requirements
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to effectively communicate with customers and co workers
· Ability to use a computer and applicable office\programming software
· Ability to climb ladders and work off from scissor\boom lifts
· Within the first 12 months, must be able to obtain a State of Vermont fire alarm type S and fire alarm TQP at a minimum
· Basic hand tools will be required
Must possess mobility to work in field and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Must be able to climb ladders and work from ladders for extended periods of time.
Generous benefits package includes: Company vehicle, health, dental and disability insurance, retirement program, performance-based incentives, paid holidays and vacations. Norris Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Norris Inc., a recognized industry leader in security, life safety and communications, is seeking a professional individual to grow with us. Norris Inc.’s mission is to provide innovative solutions consisting of Integrated Security, Communication and Life Safety Systems. Norris Inc. is a 39-year-old company offering growth and stability to individuals that desire a long term career serving our customers through the design and application of advanced electronic systems for Safety and Communications. We are a company known for our quality Product and Excellent Service to our Customers. We proudly employ some of the best talent in the industry and have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for medium sized businesses for multiple years.
Interested applicants must email a COVER LETTER AND RESUME to:
Chief Operations Officer