Technician Job Description and Responsibilities:
Norris Inc. has an entry level opening for the right individual who demonstrates a great attitude and willingness to work to assist in our New Hampshire territory. This will be an hourly position where 40-45 hour work weeks are typical. The position includes a comprehensive benefits package that features, but is not limited to, company vehicle, paid vacation, paid sick time, health and dental insurance, and 401K matching.
Technician Key Duties
- Perform inspections of fire, security, access and surveillance systems
- Fill out required work orders, completion reports, etc…
- Perform installation and troubleshooting of surveillance, access control, security, and fire alarm systems
- Perform programming of fire, security, access and surveillance systems
- Run cabling, conduit and install back boxes, connectors, etc…
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and co workers
- Ability to use a computer and applicable office\programming software
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to work off from scissor\boom lifts
- State of NH electrical license preferred but not required
- Basic hand tools will be required
- Reliable transportation
Must possess mobility to work in field and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Must be able to climb ladders and work from ladders for extended periods of time.
Generous benefits package includes: health, dental and disability insurance, retirement program, performance based incentives, paid holidays and vacations. Norris Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
About Norris Inc.
Norris Inc., a recognized industry leader in security, life safety, and communications, is seeking a professional individual to grow their career with us. Norris Inc.’s mission is to provide customers with innovative integrated security, life safety, and communications systems solutions. As a 40-year-old family owned and operated company, we proudly offer growth and stability to individuals desiring long-term careers serving our customers through the design and application of advanced electronic systems for safety and communications. We are a company known for our quality products and excellent service, and are looking to employ someone who will help us uphold these values.
We proudly employ some of the best talent in the industry, and have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the medium-sized businesses category for multiple years.
Interested applicants must email a PDF copy of COVER LETTER AND RESUME to:
Chief Operations Officer